The discovery of Natural Gas below Noblesville brought about a period of economic growth. Many Victorian homes, as well as the vast majority of the Downtown Commercial District, were built during this time of prosperity. Noblesville's first natural gas well near 11th and Pleasant Streets.
Courthouse constructed on the public square in Noblesville.The centerpiece of downtown Noblesville is the Courthouse Square, the location of the Hamilton County Courthouse. The Hamilton County Courthouse is a fabulous example of Second Empire style architecture and features mansard roof.
The Peru-Indianapolis Railroad is completed and open Railroad traffic to Noblesville. The arrival of the railroad strengthened the town economically and resulted in a dramatic growth in the population.
William Conner and Josiah Polk submitted a plat of Noblesville in 1823, at the same time designating the town as the county seat. Noblesville was named for Lavinia Noble of Indianapolis, to whom Polk was engaged at the time.